Class Information for Whistleville
9th - 12th Grade (Before Registering, Please Update Your Child's Grade Level)
- Classes and Performances take place at the Ben Franklin Theatre 66 Bayview Ave. Norwalk, CT 06854.
- Please only park in our parking lots on Bayview Ave. and Hillside St. Enter through the theatre doors.
- NO Parking in the lot off of Flax Hill Rd. Thank you in advance.
- 2 Performances:
- Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 7:00pm. (Actors arrive at 5:00pm)
- Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 3:00pm. (Actors arrive at 1:00pm)
For advanced students, this big musical set in South Norwalk, 1907, is the third installment in Cheryl E. Kemeny’s “Ellis Island Trilogy”.
Irish immigrant, Kate O’Reilly, and her friend Zsuzsi have witnessed the murder of Kate’s husband, Timothy. They must now hide out from his murderer, Doyle Callaghan, an NYC underworld boss. They travel with another friend, Dinah, to South Norwalk where Zsuzsi’s Hungarian family lives. They set up a hat shop and Kate becomes embroiled in the intrigues of competing local choruses who use her as bait in order to secure the services of local Italian super-tenor Aldo Salvatore.
Romance, comedy,secrets and murder combine in this tale that details the lives of Whistleville’s (the Bouton St-Lexington Ave area of South Norwalk) immigrant inhabitants as well as those of the uptown Norwalk establishment.
Directed by Samantha Kulish; choreography by Char Fromentin; musical direction by Cheryl Kemeny and assisted by Greg Kisken and Debra Poruban.