Class Information for Trolls
4th - 8th Grade (Before Registering, Please Update Your Child's Grade Level)
- Thursdays 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- First Class: Thursday, January 18, 2018
- PLEASE REVIEW SCHEDULE CAREFULLY.
- Classes and Performances take place at the Ben Franklin Theatre 66 Bayview Ave. Norwalk, CT 06854.
- Please only park in our parking lots on Bayview Ave. and Hillside St. Enter through the theatre doors.
- NO Parking in the lot off of Flax Hill Rd. Thank you in advance.
- 2 Performances:
- Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 6:30pm
- Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 3:00pm
- The students from "Trolls" will also be performing at Crystal Theatre's annual Matthew Chiappetta Memorial Concert on Monday, March 12, 2018 at 7:00pm.
- Rehearsal for the Matthew Chiappetta Memorial Concert will be on Sunday, March 11, 2018 from 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Take a journey to the mountains of fairy-tale Norway, where beautiful Forest Trolls and frightening Mountain Trolls rule.
The humans living in the villages and cities have little contact with these creatures and have been wantonly cutting down trees for firewood without warning the trolls who live among the branches, thereby inadvertently killing them. War is declared and humans are not allowed to enter the forests. In a short time all trees outside the forests have been cut down and the ruling Queen becomes depressed at her inability to fight the war and to warm her people. She longs for something “green and alive” and her loyal prime minister, handsome son and troll-faced daughter hold a contest to cheer her up—the prize being marriage to the prince or princess.
A widow who lives on the edge of the forest has 3 young daughters. They have raised a tree from a pinecone and the mother returns to the Queen to offer it. As it is too dangerous to travel with the tree, the Prince, Minister and Princess go home with her only to find the tree stolen by their resident House Troll and the 3 girls missing. All are kidnapped and brought to the 5-headed Mountain Troll King for justice.
Action, drama, comedy, beautiful music and lots of parts combine in this classic Crystal Theatre musical.
Directed by author/Crystal Theatre Artistic director Cheryl Kemeny and Abigail Gaines, assisted by Debra Poruban and Michael Ferrigno.