Class Information for Seussical Jr. Two Week Camp
For Students Entering 5th - 10th grade (Before Registering, Please Update Your Child's Grade Level)
- Monday, July 23, 2018 - Friday, August 3, 2018
- Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- On Friday, August 3rd, students will stay with dinner until the 6:30PM performance
- Additional Dress Rehearsal: Saturday, August 4, 2018 1:00PM - 4:00pm and will stay with dinner until the 6:30PM performance
- 2 Performances:
- Friday, August 3, 2018 at 6:30pm
- Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 6:30pm
- Camp and Performance takes place at Crystal Theatre at Ben Franklin Center 66 Bayview Ave. Norwalk, CT 06854.
- Please only park in our parking lots on Bayview Ave. and Hillside St. Enter through the theatre doors.
- NO Parking in the lot off of Flax Hill Rd. Thank you in advance.
Deposits paid for summer camp tuition are non-refundable after May 15th, 2018
Horton the Elephant, the Cat in the Hat and all of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters spring to life onstage inÂ Seussical JR., a fantastical musical extravaganza from Tony-winners, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty.
Transporting audiences from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus, the Cat in the Hat narrates the story of Horton the Elephant, who discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos. Horton must protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, and he must also guard an abandoned egg that's been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird.Â Although Horton faces ridicule, danger and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him.
Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and emerge triumphant!
Directed & choreographed by Crystal Theatre show director Stacey Curti; musical direction by Crystal Theatre Artistic Director, Cheryl Kemeny, stage managed by Debra Poruban and assisted by college assistants in our air-conditioned studios at Crystal Theatre at Ben Franklin Center.