Class Information for Revolution, Norwalk: 1777
For Students in 8th - 12th grade (Before Registering, Please Update Your Child's Grade Level)
- Saturdays 12:00pm - 3:00pm **FIRST CLASS IS ON A FRIDAY**
- *PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE SOME FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND SUNDAY REHEARSALS. ANY REHEARSAL LISTED "TBD" WILL BE SCHEDULED WITH THE STUDENTS ONCE THEY RECEIVE PARTS. ALL OTHER FRIDAY AND SUNDAY REHEARSALS ARE MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE!
- 2 Performances:
- Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 6:30pm (Students arrive at 5:00pm)
- Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 3:00pm (Students arrive at 1:30pm)
- Class and Performances takes place at the Ben Franklin Theatre 66 Bayview Ave. Norwalk, CT 06854.
- Please only park in our parking lots on Bayview Ave. and Hillside St. Enter through the theatre doors.
- NO Parking in the lot off of Flax Hill Rd. Thank you in advance.
Join the revolution!
This freshly revised historical musical written by Mariner Pezza with music and lyrics by Cheryl Kemeny is set in Norwalk during the war for independence from England.
Intrigue, smuggling, romantic triangles, kidnapping, spies and conflicting politics abound in this challenging tale that not only explores our local and national history but delves into the controversial practices of indentured servitude and slavery that existed even in the northern colonies at the time.
There are plentiful singing and acting parts to stretch and challenge those young actors seeking to hone their skills through performance. Directors/teachers include Samantha Kulish-Fargione (who also happens to be the educational director for the Norwalk Historical Society), choreographer Char Fromentin (owner/artistic director of Dance Dimensions Studios in Norwalk) and Crystal Theatre Artistic director Cheryl Kemeny as musical director.